Number of Participant(s): 3 (Besides the original team of 14 participants)
Time Allotted: 24 Hours + 2 Hours
Begin: 10:00AM, 19th October
End: 10:00AM, 20th October
Presentations: 20th October, 2019
- In the first fifteen minutes of the hackathon, teams will be briefed about the general topic around which their ideas have to be based. During the proceedings of the hackathon, the Chairperson will give several tasks for the participants The participants can gain extra points by completing these tasks.
- The main agenda is to develop a working project. It can be a website/web application, an Android/lOS application, or any other computer built structure that is presentable to the Jury. You are also expected to deliver the idea to the jury and be prepared to answer any questions during the entire course of the event. Your attitude throughout the event will be noted by the Chairperson and can be a deciding factor during the result discussion.
- Each team will be provided with one table, two mattresses, and one extension board. Only one device will be provided with an internet connection per team. However, due to logistical constraints in Cantonment area, we highly recommend the team to have their own provision for internet connections.
- Teams can use libraries, frameworks, or open-source code in their projects. Using these is allowed and the teams will not be judged on that. However, if you choose to do this, the project should not completely be based on an existing project you are expected to modify a pre-existing structure in a way which is logical and useful. However, if you start building from scratch you may earn extra points.
- Evaluation criteria will include novelty, clarity, and practicality of the idea. Rigorous questioning will put your knowledge to test. Participants will get at least 5 minutes and at the most 10 minutes to present their ideas in front of the Jury.
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner will be provided to the teams as per normal schedule of Comfest 2019. Nonetheless, the teams will be allowed to bring their own food during the course of the hackathon. Food and drinks will be provided throughout the night by the organizing team.
- Remember:- A good thing about Open Source is that you don't need to reinvent the wheel unless you want to (or unless you think you can come up with a 'rounder' wheel).
The link for the HACKCOM registration: https:///tinyurl.com/comfesthackcom.
The registration form should be filled by 20th September, 2019.
Vaibhav Agarwal- +91
Mehul Rastogi- +91